Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication (BJMC) is a popular undergraduate course that trains students in media and communication. Delhi, being the national capital, is home to some of the best institutes offering the BJMC course in India. If you’re looking to pursue a BJMC course in Delhi, here’s a guide to help you understand the eligibility criteria, admission process, and more.
Eligibility Criteria The eligibility criteria for the bjmc course in delhi vary from institute to institute. However, the basic eligibility criteria are:
- The candidate must have passed Class 12 or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- The candidate must have scored at least 50% marks in the qualifying examination.
- The candidate must have studied English as a compulsory subject in Class 12 or equivalent examination.
Admission Process The admission process for the BJMC course in Delhi is through various entrance exams conducted by Delhi University, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU), and other institutes. The entrance exams test the student’s aptitude in media and communication and evaluate their writing and analytical skills. The selection process also includes group discussions and personal interviews.
Some of the popular entrance exams for BJMC in Delhi are:
- Delhi University Entrance Test (DUET): DUET is conducted by Delhi University for admission to its affiliated colleges.
- GGSIPU Common Entrance Test (CET): CET is conducted by GGSIPU for admission to its affiliated colleges.
- NRAI School of Mass Communication is a pioneer institute, among the oldest names providing mass communication courses. Presently, we have the highest rating in offering the best placement to every student. Since our inception in 2001, our institute has gained recognition in media courses, teaching, and research. Now in the Delhi NCR region, we are a brand where students can reach heights of excellence in the media industry.
- Indian Institute of Mass Communication Entrance Exam: IIMC Entrance Exam is conducted by Indian Institute of Mass Communication for admission to its postgraduate diploma courses in journalism, advertising and public relations, and radio and television journalism.
Course Curriculum The BJMC course curriculum in Delhi is designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of media and communication, including print, electronic, and digital media. The course is divided into six semesters, and students learn various subjects related to media and communication, such as journalism, advertising, public relations, media ethics, media laws, and media research. The course also emphasizes practical training in media production and management, and students are required to complete internships in leading media organizations.
Career Prospects A BJMC degree opens up a range of career opportunities in media and communication. Some of the popular career options for BJMC graduates are:
- Journalism: BJMC graduates can become reporters, correspondents, editors, and anchors in print, electronic, and digital media.
- Advertising: BJMC graduates can work in advertising agencies as copywriters, account executives, media planners, and graphic designers.
- Public Relations: BJMC graduates can work in public relations firms, corporate communication departments, and government organizations as public relations executives, media relations managers, and event managers.
- Media Management: BJMC graduates can work in media houses, television channels, and production houses as producers, directors, and media managers.
In conclusion, a BJMC degree is a popular choice for students who are interested in media and communication. Delhi has some of the best institutes offering the BJMC course in India, which offer a comprehensive course curriculum, practical training, and excellent placement opportunities. With the right skills and knowledge, a BJMC graduate can build a rewarding career in media and communication.